Marijuana Growing Tips
Tips for Growing Marijuana Indoors
Grow Weed, Cannabis, Pot Indoors in Soil
The following Top 10 Tips to Growing Marijuana Indoors will be very helpful to the beginner gardener.
If you watch these items and remain within certain guidelines, your plants should thrive in your artificial environment, eventually giving back all the love -
Growing healthy marijuana plants can be easy, and it can also be FUN as well as therapeutic. Here are some excellent cannabis indoor growing tips to help you succeed.
There are a number of important factors to consider and monitor when growing your indoor marijuana.
For the benefit of this content, we are assuming that you have already germinated (sprouted) your marijuana seeds. A good step-by-step guide to cannabis seed germination. If you have already completed this step, let's get started with some tips to help you keep your plants healthy and strong, from seedlings through the vegetative and flowering stages, followed by harvesting, my second favorite stage.
Marijuana & Cannabis Growing Tips
- DO NOT Tell People. (Silent Pride) You can and will be extremely proud of your accomplishments as you successfully harvest your homegrown marijuana. KEEP YOUR SECRET. Ever heard of jealousy? Divorce? Revenge? - People listen and always want to feel important, don't make it their gossip. Protect your investment - Shut-up.
- Keep Everything Clean (Spotless) This means you too! Your tools, your floors, your walls, everything. It pays when there are no bugs, or disease, or an environment for them to spread. This is truly under-rated - wash your hands upon entry everyday.
- Grow from Quality Seeds. Your final product is 90% dependent upon it's genetics. Be prepared to be disappointed using unknown seeds. Hence the popularity of our website and these first quality marijuana seeds. 14 years and still here!
- Develop a Quality Soil. When you begin your garden, develop a soil that works well for you. Start with just Miracle-Grow Potting Soil if you wish. PH should balance around 6.5 for most cannabis plants. (see custom soil blend below)
- DO NOT Over Water (Most common mistake) Too much water can kill young marijuana plants. Following germination, allow the surface to get crusty. Stick your finger 3-4 inches under the soil, if no moisture, then water thoroughly. Sink water should sit open for 24 hours or more to release chlorine among other potentially harmful sediments.
- DO NOT Over Fertilize (2nd most common mistake) If your soil contains certain nutrients, do not add more of these with your watering schedule. When adding nutrients to your water, - apply every other watering. The vegetative stage likes more Nitrogen, and the flowering stage like more Phosphates and less Nitrogen.
- Provide a Superior Growing Environment. Temperature, humidity, air circulation and personal attention are all vital areas that can make for a most stress free growing environment (or not). Work to keep these consistent. Play music to your garden and have a mild breeze pass around the room during certain hours. Invest in their individual happiness, and you will prosper greatly in your future satisfaction.
- Keep Disposal Separate. Keep all of the trash from your garden in separate bags from your other refuse (includes anything). Dispose of all your garden garbage into an available commercial dumpster when needed. Be sure to remove and destroy any paper trail items. A fireplace can be a wonderful amenity to a residential property.
- DO NOT Harvest Too Early! This can be tough. Be patient, you have waited and nurtured for this long. Your plants can probably gain weight by waiting too. To be sure, wait until 50% of the pistils have turned brown and you know you won't be early. I have also harvested from the bottom or top over a couple of days based on bud appearance to get them at their most mature. (See Harvest)
We know our marijuana growing tips
will help you grow better cannabis indoors.
Below is a suggestion for developing your own marijuana indoor growing soil. It offers initial nutrients and is PH balanced to provide maximum growth potential. Our intent is to assist fellow growers in the successful growth and harvest of high quality marijuana with less cash, risk, and chance of failure.
Custom Organic Marijuana Soil Blend
Consider using this as an accelerated starting point for creating your marijuana grow medium (soil);
95% FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
2% Nasty Rabbit Organics Nitro Pro fertilizer (For vegetative growth)
2% Rocks - 2 inch rocks on the bottom of your 5 gallon pot for excellent drainage
Once you have arrived at your soil choice, be sure to use the same formula for all your seeds, seedlings, and final transplanting. This provides minimum stress and shock to the plants while providing everything they need for a healthy existence.
Your nutrients will change when your plant goes into the flowering stage.